The Toddington Narrow Gauge Railway is a volunteer operated two foot gauge line
that runs for around 1/2 of a mile, worked with steam and diesel locomotives from Britain,
Belgium, Poland and South Africa. Most of our rolling stock is kept under cover in our large
shed that you are welcome to visit when we are running trains. You can also visit our ex
Midland Railway signal box, "California Crossing", this came from Gloucester serving the
Birmingham to Bristol main line and our 16mm scale garden railway.
Locomotives outside the shed.
The 16mm Garden Railway.
California Crossing signal box.
Our main terminus is in the car park of the Gloucestershire & Warwickshire Railway at Toddington.
Sat nav users, the post code for Toddington station is GL54 5DT
is our What3words address for our ticket office within the car park.
Click the map for Google directions
Covid-19 virus: (2nd April 2021)
Whilst our volunteers are now back on site for essential work, we are currently not running public trains yet. We hope to later this year and hope to return toward the end of June 2021 if the situation allows. We hope to see you then, please stay safe.
Timetable & Fares
Trains depart Toddington Narrow Gauge station at
11:45 12:20 12:55 14:05 14:40 15:15 15:50
On running days as shown above only, subject to availability.
Journey time is approximately 25 minutes, this includes a 10 minute stop so that you may visit the
signal box, engine shed and garden railway. Connections with GWSR trains cannot be guaranteed.
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before departure time to allow for purchasing tickets.
Different Timetable and fares may apply on special days. Please check at the ticket office on day of travel.
A full assessment of the entire site and facilities at Toddington can be found on the
Of note to the narrow gauge railway.
- Toilets including accessable toilets are located in the car park at Toddington. There are no toilets on the narrow gauge site or trains.
- There are two steps with hand rail up to our ticket office.
- There is a loose surfaced level walkway of approximately 50 meters from the ticket office to the platform.
- There is a short but steep ramp up to the platform, and down to our engine shed.
- Access to the signal box is via 7 steps with handrail
- There are two steps up into our carriages.
- The center carriage can accomodate a standard sized manual wheelchair, ramps are available.
- On wet days we use our 'Polish' coach, which cannot take wheelchairs.
Groups, clubs or friends
Experience driving, guarding, shunting & signalling with exclusive use of our railway.
11am - 4pm, Steam £350 or Diesel for £250, a great price for up to 10 participants. All participants must be aged 18 or over.
Have you thought about hiring narrow gauge trains for your visit to the Cotswolds?
For more information please contact us
As a volunteer run railway we will always appreciate more help, usually midweek for maintenance & weekends for running.
Experience is not necessary but if you have a skill set I'm sure we could make use of it. So please do have a chat with us on
site or contact us .
Download the NGR Supporters Group Membership form.